THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Saturday, April 11, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: 1st PAL Weekend Forum Discussion - Official Q and A

***PREMPTIVE WARNING: I AM HI-JACKING MY OWN BLOG - SHOW AND TELL STYLE - TO INTRODUCE A PARENTING / PREGNANCY AFTER LOSS GROUP. IF YOU CAN'T READ ABOUT THIS...YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO***

What is PAL? - Parenting or Pregnancy After Loss

Where are the Forums? HERE!

Who Started the Ballroom? Mel, of course...who else?

Why? So our internet support family can stay connected on Saturday and Sunday, when the LFCA doesn't publish.

How do you join? - Just click that yummy looking pomegranate on the sidebar...it will lead you where you need to go.

So, Cara - how are you involved? Hey, thanks for asking!

Well - I started a group - Parenting / Preganancy After Loss - and if you fit that description I really want you to join so we can navigate these complicated waters together. I mean, did you read that conversation I had with Bear the other day? We need each other - for sure!

And that is why I started the PAL Weekend Discussion. What is that? An open discussion thread I will start every Friday night that we can chew and comment on for the weekend. Who knows? We might even land on some philosophical ephiphany that has eluded the elders for generations!

Ok, probably not. But we will be there for those days when you are sure the baby you carry has stopped moving and it is a Sunday and if you call the doctor's answering service - again - they might just *sigh* at you, but you are crying so hard you don't know what to do.

And

The days when your rainbow baby is taking such a long nap that irrational fear is consuming you that he must be a victim of SIDS and if you don't rush in there and check him NOW he will surely die, but then you must just be crazy and he is fine, right? and if you wake him prematurely he will be cranky for the rest of the day - and that will be your fault too.

See?

That's why we need each other.

So: Here's what to do...

1. Click on the red fruit and join the forums.
2. Once you have your own page - click GROUPS on the top menu.
3. Scroll down until you see an image of rainbow. That is us.
4. JOIN!
5. And discuss - ask, wonder, question, worry, celebrate, and ...together we will get through botht the pregnancy and the daunting task of raising a living child after loss.

Oh - and since we are just getting started...the discussion topic remains: Do you let your children see you cry?

And - since this is Emma's space...this post is just an introductory one - once I figure out how to make a pretty little button it will sit quietly on the sidebar. Now, click back over and see what the rest of the class is Showing and Telling- with pictures!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

So Cara, tell me your secret. How do you fit 40 hours into a 24 hour day? Because that must be what you do to fit everything in.

Michelle said...

I'm with Kristin. I am not sure how you do it.

Cara said...

Well - best I can figure it is a balance cocktail of coffee, big dreams, and two kids who still nap!

AnotherDreamer said...

lol Cara. I was wondering the same things as Kristin and Michelle. You are a wonder woman. And you're always up to something wonderful :) I admire you.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hells yeah--you are amazing and I think the group is a fantastic idea--especially the open thread question over the weekend.

Candice said...

Fom what the others are saying it sounds like you are very busy and have a huge heart.

..al said...

Jeez Cara, I can't join that group yet! :(

Rose's Daughter said...

Great Idea!

Anonymous said...

Though I may never need this group, I am so glad it is out there and think it is marvelous. I am with everyone else, wondering how you do it all. :)

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later