THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Show and Tell - Hunk-0-Licious

So, I'm guessing most of you know about Exhale by now. And just in case you have been frantically checking your inbox since the 15th, cursing under your breath that the next issue is late, Late, LATE - never fear... it is a DOUBLE ISSUE and will be flying to you on May 1st!

By association you must know about Monica, the totally off-color, hysterically funny, and self proclaimed 'abnormal' editor of the mag.

Well, she has done it again! She's dreamed up contest that could only come from the mind spinning she was doing, no doubt - when she was supposed to be grading papers or something.

And - she even made this tag - with a pink flower on it!



I have GOT to figure out how to do that! The tag part - not the flower part, necessarily. (The PAL Group Weekend Discussion button STILL doesn't exist...that's a passive agressive techy shout out for HELP by the way!)

So what is a Knocked Down Hunk??? Well, in simple terms - it is a man who fathered a lost baby, at any stage of the game...but pretty please, click on the tag icon and read Monica's description for it is sure to make you smile.

AND - it will tell you how to enter YOUR knocked down hunk (KDH).

AND - you will notice at the very bottom of the post that she, much like a school teacher without any volunteers, pointed virtual fingers at a great many of us that she probably assumed would volunteer anyway.

AND - it just so happened that about 45 minutes before I read her post I had unknowingly taken the PERFECT picture of my KDH!

So - In Review... Click Over, Laugh and Blush, then email her YOUR entry!!!

There's my TELL - but I can't SHOW yet. You can click back to see what the rest of the class is showing though...

See you at the polls ladies....

11 comments:

Kristin said...

I'll have to check that out later. Do you think my hubby qualifies with all our early losses or is it for later losses?

Shoot me an email or give me a call and I can help you with the button.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great to recognize men and their loss when it comes to the ALI community. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. The men in our lives go through their own pain.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I love the idea! I'm going to have to find a good pic of my Beloved... thanks for sharing the link!

Carrie said...

What an awesome idea! I read a poem after our second miscarriage about how the husband has to take care of everyone, but that he mourns his baby too. This is wonderful.

Thanks for the info and link!
Carrie

..al said...

Interesting....

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I divorced the father of my lost babe because he checked out emotionally before we got pregnant. It was gift to have this tragedy in a strange way, it was a catalyst to take care of myself and find truth and love.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Another truly fantastic idea. I love the ingenuity of our Community. Makes me smile.

Taylor said...

Great idea.

Beautiful Mess said...

What a great idea. I think it's great that the fathers can get some much needed support, as well.

JW Moxie said...

What a great idea. I love seeing the fathers getting some sort-of quirky, but loving recognition, too!

ICLW#12

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later