THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Have You Ever...

What? Clicked over for a virtual drinking game?? Well, you are at the wrong blog! Although - I do admit a glass of cab/shiraz to my right. Cheers.

But, while you're here let me ask you this - Have you ever tried to take a good picture of a balloon??
I hadn't - until today. And, believe you me - it's hard! The light, the angles, the glare, the fact that it keeps changing color...but no matter for this balloon is special - and PURPLE!


See?


It came in the mail today with nine hundred-ninety nine friends just like it. And, it lifted my heart to see it's realness.

It's not as if countless posts, a separate blog, a 28 pages non-profit application, generous donations, a five day training in Missouri, our board of directors, the grieving parents we have reached out to, and breathtaking memory boxes hadn't convinced me that Share Southern Vermont, Inc. was real.

They did. Each adding their own layer to the tangibility of our creation. But watching this balloon grow was a transformative experience. For a moment, I was at the grassy opening to a two -mile walk. Tents and tables erected, stocked and ready with all the day's necessities. Throngs of volunteers stood under a banner ready to support, to help, because they understand. The amp was set up and my father stood next to it tuning his guitar as I choked back tears frantically trying to remember my first line. (FYI - that acutally happened to me at my wedding as I readied to sing to my new husband!)

Technically, the process of this balloons creation is a bit boring, consumeristic really.

I contacted the company. They requested artwork. I send something that wasn't 'vector ready quality'. SSV pays another company money to transcribe the image to said digitial quality. SSV then pays more money to get them printed and shipped. Today they arrive at my door.

See - boring.

But, figuratively - this small latex object represents the beginning of our bigness. Just the notion that we planned this 'small' walk in the last 8 weeks blows the small walls of my expanding mind. And, it better represent larger events...for we have one-thousand of these moblie action-awareness party favors.
Balloon, anyone??

4 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Tears in my eyes over these beautiful purple balloons and all they represent.

Kristin said...

I am so excited for you. I wish I had the money to order a t-shirt or one of t eh stuffed animals or something.

Dora said...

Awesome! This is a wonderful accomplishment!

Bluebird said...

That's so exciting! It's the "small," intangible things that make it real, I'm sure. Can't wait to see photos of this amazing event. I am beyond impressed by and proud of you.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later