THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Friday, April 24, 2009

Show and Tell - The Cat's Meow

Yeah - they really do! And, they are kinda loud - hungry little buggers at ALL times of the night.

And so, we finally had to tell Sally-Mama that they had to come downstairs if Ms. Comedian was ever going to get a good nights sleep again!

She wasn't thrilled...but we kept like-smelling objects with them. They now reside in the office and so the clickity-clack of my laptop keys melds with the 'meeeeew - meeeeeeoooowww' of confined three week old kittys all.day.long.

It is funny really, considering the yo-yo of animal presence and activity in this house over the past year - click HERE for a rundown, to think that we are crazy about these five kittens - even if they do think we are jailers.

And- they truly think we have unduly confined them. Just watch!

FYI - Butterscotch is a confirmed boy and named after that runaway little devil from my youth. IF we manage to place any of these little felines in homes, the big -B is ours...for the keeping!!!

Sorry for the darkness...bad lighting in their room!

Oh - and an UPDATE for those of you who have followed the hatching of the New Year's Chickens...10 hatched, the one sick one - survived, but only 3 are hens! Yup - 7 (um, SEVEN) roosters cock-a-stinking-doodle-doo every morning. Word on the street is three eggs a day...*sigh* - gonna have to do it all over!!!

Check out the other Show and Tell's HERE!

14 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Awwww how sweet! Little kitten meows!

Candice said...

They are so cute! I love kittens.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You have such a nice voice!

Fishie got a little nervous while I watched that video...

Mrs. Gamgee said...

wow... 7 roosters? I bet your neighbours love you right now. lol

Happy ICLW!

Kristin said...

You have such a wonderfully soothing voice. I love baby kitties.

Malky B. said...

So cute - I loved kittens when I was a girl too.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Awww, I love kittens too! Butterscoth is a great name. :)

AnotherDreamer said...

Kitties!

When I lived on the farm we bought like 20 chicks... almost even split of hens to roosters, it was crazy!

Good luck with them :)

Delenn said...

How cute is that! I love their little meows!

Anonymous said...

The kittens are tooooooo adorable!!! And all those roosters, oh wow!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I think Butterscotch has been hanging out with the chicks. His meow sounds more like a cheep!

Anonymous said...

Aborable! I'm so in love with your little Butterscotch hehe

..al said...

Roosters and Cats...quite a scene!!!!

I think the internet connection on my end is in the dumps, coz I could not get the video to play...

Serendipity said...

oh how adorable, I love cats of all shapes and sizes. I really miss having animals share my home.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later