THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Saturday, September 27, 2008

SHOW AND TELL (with a twist)

My show and tell for the week is a book, well actually it is the story behind the book and how it has reshaped my life as I know it.

"Three Weeks With My Brother" is the moving memoir written by the Sparks brothers. Yes, Nicholas is best known for his fiction (he rocks!) and Micah is (was) relatively unknown, but their story of a "three week trip around the globe" combined with childhood tales that make you laugh and cry (and occasionally wonder if social services should have been called) is hands down, the best memoir I've ever read.

I've posted in the past that Emma Grace, my sweet angel, is my literary inspiration, and she is! But, to give credit where credit is due Nicholas and Micah Sparks, were the catalyst - the "spark" you might say (sorry, I just couldn't resist the pun) that forced my computer open and got my fingers-a-typing.


On a Friday evening about seven months ago as I read the last page tears were streaming down my face. Without much thought, I took inspired action. I closed the book, walked to my computer and began typing.

INSPIRED ACTION became AN IDEA

THE IDEA became A CATHARTIC ACT

CATHARTIC WRITING became A BOOK

THE BOOK became A MISSION

THE MISSION became AN OUTREACH

THE OUTREACH became A BRIDGE

THE BRIDGE is my current MISSION (and I need your help!)

All this has happened in the last seven months and who knows what is on the horizon, but I'm ready. So, here's the twist...I know you are here for show and tell, but before you click back to see what the other smarties in the class are presenting PLEASE click on the BRIDGE link above after reading the post, add your much needed input to the loss bag we are re-vamping for the local hospital. THANKS, THANKS AND A THOUSAND TIMES THANKS! I know we can't take away the fresh pain of loss, but we can help.

Cara

5 comments:

Jamie said...

This was a great show and tell!! I have never read this book, but it is now at the top of my list.

Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Very cool. I'm going to have to get that book. I love Nicholas Sparks' books and my mom just gave me one to read.

Nathansma said...

Love Nicolas Sparks. I just finished The Choice. It was great. I would love to read the one you featured. Maybe I can locate it here.

Carla

AwkwardMoments said...

thank you so much for this information. Good luck with your next steps

Kathy said...

I followed your link to this post from a more recent post, thus why I am commenting over six months after you wrote it! ;)

You have me very intrigued... I will definately have to add it to my list of books to read one of these days. Sounds awesome! I am a fan of Nichloas Sparks.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later