THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Friday, September 19, 2008

SHOW AND TELL

Following in my Northern New England Harvest Theme for show and tell (see last weeks zuchinni) my pic for the week is a Chicken...no its a Fungas....WAIT - its both! This amazing speciman is a Hen of the Woods Mushroom. My father-in-law takes great pleasure in "hunting" these massive fungi down in the woods, then depositing them on my doorstep with a smirk grin as he knows DARN well I had put up my canning supplies for the season!




FOR THE RECORD: I did can the mushroom, but not for my FIL's sake. My husband helped and he REALLY likes these meaty, chewy variety of mushroom. So, for him...my hard working hubby...for him. I canned the mushroom.

And so, for posterity's sake (and proof that I can't fit another jar) I unveil my pantry! I can't can even one mo' can! (Said in the rhythm of that fab book I ain't gonna paint no more!)


I leave you with a question: Why to they call it CANNING when you use JARS? Shouldn't it be called JARRING?

16 comments:

k@lakly said...

I'm jealous. Very, very jealous.:)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is a very impressive closet. I've made jam, but I would have no idea what you'd do with a mushroom...

Kristin said...

OMG...I want your pantry!

Topcat said...

Wow. You have yourself some SERIOUS mushrooms there!! Awesome! XOX

Cara said...

Interesting....lollipop because JAM is the one thing that I seem NOT to be able to do!!

Delenn said...

Impressive pantry! I have been adverse to canning (jarring) since I used to help my mom do it when I was young...but you make me want to try it!

Cece said...

Wow - that is awesome! I've only managed to can some baked beans and peach jelly this year - I'm impressed!

Cara said...

Oh...its not that hard, just REALLY time consuming. So, plan for a day when you have nowhere to go and lots of laundry to fold!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

The mushroom looks delish and love the well stocked pantry. Thank you for sharing!

Jaymee said...

yummy looking mushroom. i too am jealous of your canning prowess.

thanks for the comment
ILCW

Millie said...

Those mushrooms are amazing looking. My husband loves to find wild morels. They taste so good. But we never have enough left over to can. They get consumed too fast!

Michelle said...

My friend does this, I wish it was something I could do. Your pantry is awesome!

AnotherDreamer said...

lol, that is so neat.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that's awesome (your pantry). Canning is on my list for "one of these days".

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Such bounty! You're absolutely right about "jarring."

Wishing 4 One said...

OMG awesome. I have never jarred or canned a thing. I wish to someday and maybe I will. Your pantry I want it too, ok? Thanks so much for sharing.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later