THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Friday, May 8, 2009

Click - Click - Click

That is the sound of my stapler as I colate 75 perfect, pale purple programs for the walk tomorrow. The all James Taylor online radio station plays in the background and - wha...la - an idea hits me.

Because - you know, I really needed one more idea to pop into my head less than 24 hours before the event!

So, I'll keep it brief, or try - for there is much to be done.

The sheer emotion of the event is starting to take me over. I'm inviting it because better that I'm a sobbing, bittersweet, I-can't-believe-we-actually-created-this-resource, mess today, than tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll be emotive as I greet each brave person who approaches the registration table...but I'd rather not be blubbering. You know, being the director of the corporation and all.

Oh, my idea? Sorry...a slight tanget got the best of me.

Well, during the memorial we are giving away on of hubby's handmade, hardwood memory boxes. (click over for a visual...see? told you I was keeping it brief!)

And, it occurred to me that just because you can't be there, seeing as most of you live halfway around the globe, you shouldn't be exempt from winning such a special object. I mean, nearly half the names we are reading are your children after all.

But, to be fair to the red-ticket-holding folks standing in front of the podium - I will giveaway a second box to the internet folk. So, what do you have to do??

Comment with your prediction to this question: How many times will Cara succumb to tears between the hours of 9 - 12?

I'll be sure to keep track. Better yet - I'll ask someone else to keep track too. That might me more accurate number. And, to avoid any questioning of what is crying the defining rule is: the tear must leave my eye and meet my cheek.

Delurkers?? This is a great opportunity to introduce yourself AND perhaps win something at the same time!

If there are a number of you spot-on, then it will come to a video draw...by, who other than my Knocked-Down Hunk of a sweet man, without whom this event (read: sound, contstruction, tents, performance platform...etc) could not happen.

So - comment - guess - win - and introduce yourself!!!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Hmm, don't know you well enough to know how much of a crier you are or if you are a cry a little stop cry some more or once it starts that's it type of a crier. But it sounds like an emotional day.

I'm going with 14. That's 4x per hour, plus a couple extra for good measure. It's also the date [month(5) + day(9)] and one of my lucky numbers. I predict many tears will well up though they may not fall.

Michelle said...

Does your mind ever stop going? I wonder how you get any sleep? :)

I'm guessing 4 times.

Good Luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you all!

Kristin said...

You know Cara...as much as I wish we lived closer together, I have the feeling its a good thing we don't. Because my mind works a lot like yours and the two of us together would get in so deep we could never get out...LOL!

I think I'm going to have to go with a guess of 6 times.

Tash said...

cara, you are just all shades of awesome with this walk AND with the giveaway. My question is: how do we know when one cry stops and another begins? How much time between tears do we need to identify a "cry"? Hmmm?

No need to post an answer before I leave my guess: 5. I'm going with five. I'll be thinking of all of you walking tomorrow.

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh Cara, I have no idea how many times you'll cry. But it is beautiful that you have organized this, and that you will.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I'll guess 9 times.

Best wishes with the whole event!

CLC said...

Good luck tomorrow! I am going to guess 13. NO reason for that number, just picking randomly.

AnotherDreamer said...

I hope that the walk has/is going well today. I am thinking of all of you.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later