THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Monday, May 4, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday - Model Material?? (Child pictured)

I have to admit a few sideways glances in the mirror with pursed lips and a pleated jean skirt in my formative years, but model material I never was.
Today - as opened the large see-through bag of thin, silk-screened fabric, my perfect moment formed. Running my fingers over the letters, I decided to throw caution to the wind and sport a shirt that is a labor of much love.

Ready to walk the runway with us?? (Cue the mic'ed speaker voice)

This year a startling line of clothing have emerged not from trendy seasonal fads, but from deep within our designers. These clothes are created from memory and emotion. We hope that the first in this line resonates with you as much as it has with us.
If you have felt the intense pleasure of creating and growing a life inside you only to find that your baby died, and will never come home with you - but lives on forever in the depths of your heart then this is the shirt for you. It's light purple hues speak both to the longing and inspiration the wearer feels.

Cara wears this shirt with a wide smile (even if you can't see it), knowing others will too.


Comedian shines like the loving little sister she is in her lilac memory shirt. Yes, these shirts come in all sizes as grievers do too. Big, little, short and tall, the impact our angel babies have in our lives is never more pronounced than when a small child speaks of a missing sibling.


And, last - but definately not least - we have Emma's daddy who swore he would not be convinced to wear such a pale colored shirt (read...purple), and yet - here he stands proud as a peacock knowing that our vision is near at hand. Daddies take note: purple is a color you can pull off!
Just wait until we have them personalized!!!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Awesome!

Sara said...

Very nice . . . hope you have a great day for your walk. I'll be walking here.

Sheri said...

The shirt is beautiful, not only for how it looks, but for what it means. Great job!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love them! The style and the meaning.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

So beautiful! I love the color.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later