THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Surreal To The Point of Disbelief

The Walk is over. I felt very much like I was at my wedding all over again - like it was happening all around me, but I couldn't focus, step back and really take it all in.

It was amazing, unreal, more people than I could have imagined for a first event.

And yet, for one of the very first times in my life I was not behind the camera...hence I have no pictures to show, yet.

They will come - along with video - as we had two, yes 2 - videographers.

But for now, I will just say...

  • It went off with a minimal of hitches.
  • Surprise guests took my heart by storm
  • The community knows we exist - even if they were trying not to!
  • I got through singing without crying

But...I cried four times. Uh huh - just four. Yes Michelle - I believe this makes you the winner.

I will post more indepth about my range of emotions, but for tonight - I'm spent... Good Night

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh YAY! Good for you Cara. I am so glad everything went well. I have been thinking about it all day.

Kristin said...

Oh Cara...I am so glad it went well!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

((Hugs))

Dora said...

Wonderful!!! You did it! I'm thrilled for you, and so proud of you!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

I am so glad that everything went well and that more people realize that you are out there. Love you and all of the people that worked hard to make the walk a success and even though I wasn't there in person, I was there in spirit.

(I am so sorry I've been neglectful the last few months...I have thought about you alot, but I have had a horrible time just functioning.)

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later