THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Show and Tell - Empty Space

I certainly don't have a lot of that in my life. I like empty space - for it feels clean and unintruded on...but as mentally organized as my life is, the spaces in my life are often cluttered.

Take my van...


I LOVE my van. I have from the moment a salesman drove it to my house and sat in my dining room to sign the papers! Buy a car without ever leaving your house: checked that off my list of things to do in this lifetime.

But I live out of my van. Really. Anything I could ever need at any point in the day is in there. Hence, it is a mess. And - a big one...all the time.

But not today! Check it out!



Oh Yeah! I stripped that baby good - even removing the seats that usually hold my sweet girls.

Why?

I'm taking a drive this morning to meet Jeff and Michelle, the founders of The Simon Project, and father to Simon who lived in their lives for three short months before SIDS took his life. These special people have opened their hearts and lives to me and we have never offically met. Their foundation is sponsoring Share Southern Vermont's Walk for Hope and Rememberance with a generous monetary donation - And... tents, table, lidded garbage containers, coolers and MORE!

See why I needed a little empty space??

So - a big bloggy and very public THANK YOU to Jeff and Michelle as they give up their Sunday to meet and deliver these things. And, thank you for forcing me to create some clean space in my life.

I kinda like a clean car. Maybe I'll try and keep it that way! What are you show and telling?

(Oh - and did you see that the 5th issue of Exhale came out this weekend?? New format, new timelines, new columnists - Check.It.Out!)

(And...a preemtive apology to all those people that I want to comment on this week and just find myself spinning too fast with walk prep to do it. Sorry - I'll be back. You know that!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcoming event...and congrats on a clean van! I always vow to keep mine at least 'respectable' and yet it somehow always becomes a sty anyway. Hmmm...maybe I'll clean mine out today!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Best Wishes on the Walk! So that's what a clean van looks like!!!

Anonymous said...

For someone as busy and productive as you are, I would be shocked if you kept a clean van/house/anything all the time. :) But I bet it does feel good to get it all cleared out. Hope the walk goes well.

CLC said...

wow, they come to your house to sell a car? that's awesome and convenient.

Mary said...

I hope the walk goes great! Very nice cleaning job on the van. It always feels so get to get the clutter out of our physical spaces. Seems to help the mental spaces a little too!

Kristin said...

Wow...a clean van! Its been a long time since mine looked that clean.

AnotherDreamer said...

Best wishes on the walk!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love a clean van.....Love your blog.
I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories. Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...

Bluebird said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see it all come together :)

Inanna said...

I wish my van were that clean! :)

Good luck on the walk - hope you raise tons of money and even more awareness!

Michelle said...

That is so great! I am so excited about the walk! I so wish I could be there. I said it before but it is worth saying again...you amaze me Cara! Thank you for all you do!

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW! How amazing that they did that for you! Have so much fun at the walk this weekend. You're an amazing woman!
*HUGS*

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later